Updated: May 8, 2021
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. (John 4:23)
Jesus taught that a true worshipper would worship God, the Father, in spirit and truth. How can we become a "true" worshipper? Let's look at King David, who praised God with beautiful psalms.
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. (Psalm 63:1-8)
A true worshipper
- earnestly and eagerly seeks God
- looks upon God in His Power and Glory ; glorify Him
- is content with His steadfast love, remember and meditate Him all the time
- continues to praise God with joy
- is a companion to God
- see Gold's glory revealed in the Son, Jesus Christ ; praise His miraculous birth, perfect life, sacrificial death, and glorious resurrection.