Sequencing synthesizers with Arturia Keystep Pro
Updated: Feb 14, 2021
I started leaning music production by sequencing synthesizers. I got an Arturia Keystep Pro - versatile 4-track midi sequencer and arpeggiator. My new Keystep pro is connected to Roland Integra-7 for drum, percussion, synthesizers , to Moog Werkstatt-01 as bass, to Modal Craftsynth 2.0 as bass, lead, to Roland SE-02 for bass, lead, melody. It can also control my other hardware synths, software synths and iPAD synths(DigiStix drummer) via DAW midi routing.
Note: KSP Drum machine's default midi channel is 10.
Some useful websites for drum programming ;
1. DMP : Drum Machine Pattern http://808.pixll.de/
2. Instant Drum Patterns 200 & 260 midi files http://www.fivepinpress.com/drum_patterns.html
3. E-book : 200 Drum Patterns https://kupdf.net/download/200-midi-drum-patterns_59822aebdc0d601a7c2bb180_pdf
4. E-book : 260 Drum Patterns https://tallerdemusicaelectronica.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/260-drum-machine-patterns.pdf
5. Drum Programming : 12 top tips for realistic MIDI drums https://www.musicianonamission.com/program-realistic-midi-drums/
Update : connecting KSP with Moog Werstatt-01
1) Gate out (KSP) - > Gate in (WS)
2) Velocity/Mod out (KSP) - > VCF CV in (WS)
3) Pitch out (KSP) - > VCO Exp FM in (WS)